Keeping your information up to date
Once you have set up your directory entry or store, it is important to maintain the information. We suggest you should diary in to review the content at least every three months or more frequently if your content changes regularly. It is also important to check the content is working for people who are viewing your page. You can do this by testing your content with your existing customers to see if it makes sense to them and if any key information is missing.
If you have a directory entry and want to make updates please use our online form.
Provider portal for stores
The provider portal enables you to actively manage your own catalogue that displays on West Sussex Connect to Support. Through the portal you can edit existing products and services while also creating new ones or deleting ones that are no longer on offer. Once you have a store on the site you will be given access to the portal. The provider portal can be accessed here.
Guidance notes are available here to support you to manage you catalogue or alternatively contact PCG Care Solutions and we will support you with the process. We can support to you to:
- decide what terms to include in your service description to help your pages get viewed by the right customers
- break down the services you offer so they make sense to customers
- simplify the language so it is more user friendly
- using images, video’s and testimonials to reinforce your experience and credentials
- to make amendments, update or create new products and services
Content design and plain English
By designing good content in plain English you will help customers to find the information they need in a simple and quick way. GOV.UK has some simple tips on how to do this including:
- reduce the amount of content you plan to publish by only publishing what someone needs to know to complete their task
- split one big piece of content into smaller pieces by making use of sub-headings
- use simple language that all individuals will understand and avoid acronyms
- where technical terms do need to be used explain them
- avoid duplication
Optmise your store
Write great content
How to design accessible content
Guidance notes are available here to support you to manage you catalogue or alternatively contact PCG Care Solutions and we will support you with the process.
PCG Care Solutions has been delivering award-winning web-based solutions across health and social care since 2008, helping organisations meet the challenges of Personalisation, the Care Act, Children and Families Act and NHS Direct Payments Regulations.
Our solutions help organisations empower and enable people to be more independent, allow choice and control and improve people’s overall wellbeing.
For more information about PCG and the different services we offer please visit our website.
While every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, neither West Sussex County Council or shop4support will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages. Those using the site are advised to refer to the 'Buyers Guide' prior to making a purchase.