Please review and correct the information below.

Severe weather and travel

Last updated: 19th October 2018

You can find practical advice on how to prepare yourself, respond to, and recover from, extreme weather events such as flooding, heavy snow and ice, storms and high temperatures. 

See how to sign up to receive weather warning alert systems, and check websites to monitor the weather as well as travel network issues such as blocked roads and fallen trees and closed schools. 

Find out about weather warnings and emergency incidents.

This information can be used to help you pre-empt and manage the impacts on your care services and group activities.

While every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, neither West Sussex County Council or shop4support will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages. Those using the site are advised to refer to the 'Buyers Guide' prior to making a purchase.

Hide shortlist


Close window

If your feedback is about services provided by WSCC, rather than the website, please contact Adults’ CarePoint on 01243 642121 or complete the on-line enquiry form.

The questionnaire will load here. Alternatively visit our online form at Wufoo.

Report this page

Close window

You can use this form to register any query or complaint you may have about this website or any of the content within it. Simply fill in the details below and this will be sent directly to us to investigate. We will always try and respond within one working day.

Page Reference: Severe Weather and Travel

However if you have further concerns about internet safety and would like further independent advice, please select the CEOP button below.

Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre Internet Safety
Helpdesk Icon

Need help?

Close window

If you need help using shop4support call the shop4support Helpdesk on
0333 600 6330 or email

If you have a question about social care, please contact your council.
Find out who your council is here.

Back to top