Please use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or similar browser to access this website.

*There are technical difficulties with accessing certain functions via Internet Explorer *

West Sussex County Council Logo and link to the website
Accessibility StatementMy Account
Text size:
Home - Connect to Support

What will I need to do to enter into a deferred payment agreement?

You will need to do the following.

  • Make sure your home is registered with the Land Registry. If it isn’t, you must arrange and pay for it to be registered.
  • If another person or a company has an interest in your home, you will need to get their written permission before you can enter into a deferred payment agreement.
  • Have a responsible person who is able to make sure that any necessary maintenance is carried out on your home (you will continue to pay for maintenance from your Disposable Income Allowance). 
  • Continue to insure your home at your own expense and give us evidence that there is appropriate insurance in place.
  • Pay your own contributions to your care costs on time.

If your home cannot be insured for any reason, you will not be able to enter into a deferred payment agreement.

Last updated: 20 May 2021