West Sussex County Council Logo and link to the website
Accessibility StatementMy Account
Home - Connect to Support

If you need someone to help

A woman looking thoughtful surrounded by money.

Personal budget

This is money you can use to buy your care and support. To get a personal budget you have to have an assessment. This is done by your local Lifelong Service Adults Team. You, your family or friends can call Adults CarePoint on 01243 642121.

A man using a walking frame in front of a house.

Your home (and your needs)

An assessment will look at how you manage at home and your needs. It can cover:

  • looking after yourself
  • cooking and eating
  • going shopping
  • taking part in activities
  • keeping safe
  • having a short break (respite).
A man having his blood pressure taken by a GP.

Your health

The Health Facilitation Team  work with GPs and hospital staff. They can help you when you go into hospital or go for an outpatient appointment.

A person in a wheelchair using a cash point.

Your money

Our Welfare Benefits Team checks how much money you have. This is called a ‘financial assessment’. They look at the benefits you get and give you advice about any other benefits you might be able to get.

The ‘My Network’ service can help you contact Citizen Advice if you need help with debt or benefits decisions.

A woman wearing an apron and cooks hat stirring a pan.

Your work

Some people go to day services where they can learn new skills. For people that want to work there is a service called Workaid which can help you find and keep a job.

A man in an electric wheelchair being handed a drink by another man.

Your Social Life

Help to get you out and about:

  • Gig Buddies is a service that can help you get out and about or connect with others. Wild Rainbows is their LGBTQ+ group for people with a learning disability.
  • Self-advocacy groups are a good way to make friends and get support from your peers.
Back to Easy Read Homepage