There are many simple things you can do to manage your symptoms and improve your mental wellbeing. Making changes to your general lifestyle may also help to prevent some difficulties from developing or getting worse.
Mental health charity Mind provide a list of practical self-care suggestions on their website, which includes finding time for relaxing activities, learning a new craft or skill, talking to others and getting active.
You can also access more self-care ideas and resources.
- NHS – including a mood self-assessment quiz and mental wellbeing audio guides.
- Every Mind Matters – NHS campaign dedicated to mental health matters covering anxiety, low mood, stress and sleep.
- West Sussex Wellbeing – including access to online resources.
- West Sussex library service – recommended books to help support your mental health and also the Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Foundation – including advice on using mindfulness and looking after mental health in later life.